RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS
Are you looking to know more about a relationship with Jesus and how it can change your life and future, but you’re not sure where to begin? We’re here to help!
Here are three simple steps you can take to start your relationship with God.
1. Admit that you're separated from God by your sin. Realize that you need God in your life and you can’t fix you.
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2. Believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty of death for your sins and that He was raised from the dead to assure you of life.
- Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
3. Commit to trust Jesus to be your Lord and Master.
- Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Luke 9:23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Express the above thoughts in a conversation with God it’s called prayer. In your own words confess your need for forgiveness and receive His free gift of redemption. This great event in your life is not about how good you have been but it’s all about grace.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Take the next step by telling others about your decision and by following Christ’s example in water baptism.
Welcome to the journey!