Welcome to the Weekly Digest!
* A quick note on journaling: if you're new to this practice, our journey through the book of Psalms will be a great way to get started. The most important step to forming this discipline in your life is to write anything and write often. Journaling is an incredible way to slow down, digest the content of a text, let your brain internalize thoughts that may come up, and keep a record for future reflection on what God was speaking to you during your reading. Journaling can take many forms such as written prayers, bullet points, stream of consciousness, or even poetry. Try some different methods and find the one that works best for you.
Journal Prompts / Discussion Questions from Today's Teaching
1. What has been your understanding of sin?
2. What practices in your life have been set up around desire rather than discipline?
- What aspect of your life have you not crucified?
3. What are tangible ways in which you can keep in step with the Spirit?
- Take some time to create a detailed daily practice centered around the way of Jesus.