Welcome to the Weekly Digest!
* A quick note on journaling: if you're new to this practice, our journey through the book of Psalms will be a great way to get started. The most important step to forming this discipline in your life is to write anything and write often. Journaling is an incredible way to slow down, digest the content of a text, let your brain internalize thoughts that may come up, and keep a record for future reflection on what God was speaking to you during your reading. Journaling can take many forms such as written prayers, bullet points, stream of consciousness, or even poetry. Try some different methods and find the one that works best for you.
Journal Prompts / Discussion Questions from Today's Teaching
Below are some sources that will help you on your continued journey of seeking truth to some of faith's most challenging questions. I provided 3 Christian resources and 3 skeptic resources. It's important for us to honestly look at both sides in order to grow.
1. Crossexamined.org - Leading Christian Apologist
2. Seanmcdowell.org - Leading Christian Apologist
3. Reasons.org - Website that combines scientific research and the Bible
1. Misquoting Jesus by Burt Erhman - Leading skeptic
2. Adrian Thatcher - Leading liberal Theologian
3. Richarddawkins.net - British Evolutionary Biologist