Welcome to the Weekly Digest!
* A quick note on journaling: if you're new to this practice, our journey through the book of Psalms will be a great way to get started. The most important step to forming this discipline in your life is to write anything and write often. Journaling is an incredible way to slow down, digest the content of a text, let your brain internalize thoughts that may come up, and keep a record for future reflection on what God was speaking to you during your reading. Journaling can take many forms such as written prayers, bullet points, stream of consciousness, or even poetry. Try some different methods and find the one that works best for you.
Journal Prompts / Discussion Questions from Today's Teaching
1. When is a time you've experienced a challenging question or situation in your life that left you asking; "what do I do when I don't know what to do?"
2. How did you respond when faced with that question?
3. What has it looked like for you to seek the Lord for guidance and help when facing these kinds of moments? What's been helpful? What's been difficult?
4. How does it change your view of the battle knowing it's not yours to fight, but God will fight it for you?
5. What's the next step you feel God is showing you to take towards the challenge you face?
6. In times you've been obedient to take the next step God has given you, how have you seen the fruit of that obedience in your relationship with God?