Take a few moments to discuss or ponder on the following questions in relation to today's message.
1. Have you ever had a moment when you were made to feel hopeless because of your sin and or
failure? Site the moment and accompany that with an explanation.
2. When you heard the phrase “no one gets a pass on their sin” did you have a fatalistic moment in your mind and heart?
3. With the understanding that Paul is leveling the ground before the work of the gospel, how does that make you feel differently?
4. Elaborate on the phrase “saved by grace, judged by works”. What does that phase mean to you?
5. Paul teaches us that there is more to following Christ than having a good conscience. How would you explain that to someone who is new to the faith?
6. If we are not to trust in our conscience or place trust in the law, then we are to place our trust in?
7. What does Paul mean by our relationship with Christ being a matter of the heart, by the Spirit and not by the letter?