Take a few moments to discuss or ponder on the following questions in relation to today's message.
1. Have you ever attempted to love someone using your own strength and felt like it was similar to holding sand in your hand?
2. Talk about that experience with someone.
3. How does loving someone that is difficult to love look for you? What are some practical ways you can love them through the lens of the gospel?
4. Is Jesus a guest in your house (your life) or is He the owner? How do you surrender the deed of your life to Him?
5. Recall a situation where you have “regarded someone according to the flesh” and discuss that with others around you. Take a moment to pray for that person and ask God to help you love them through the context of the cross.